Monday, May 23, 2011

Love is free; take as much as you need.

I am beginning to feel relevant.

Reason being because I am suddenly realizing how many people depend on me for things. People ask favors of me, ask for me to help, ask for me to do. I am starting to believe that I actually have things to offer those around me.

Feeling relevant is pretty nice. It's a refreshing change from the old "Do I have anything to offer?" feeling I used to dread waking up to.

The internship is going very well, despite the fact that I have only been at it for a week. Already, I have written two stories and sent them to be edited and fact-checked.

It is mildly surprising when I look back on the past couple of weeks. In so many words, the past 14 days have been something of a tumultuous whirlwind of...crap and flowers.

Crap because it was stressful and, at times, discouraging. Flowers because I am finally starting to come to some very significant realizations.

Crap and flowers...hehehe.