Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It didn't stay in Vegas...

Alright, readers, I want to start (yet again) with an apology.

I apologize. I realized the other day that it has been an unreasonable amount of time since I have regaled you with my rants and bitchy tirades. Honestly, I have way more than what should be a realistic amount to whine about, but I'm going to try and change my pace...at least for now, that is.

Life for the past couple of weeks has been something of a...(family, please excuse the foul language) clusterfuck. Beyond "work" at the magazine, I have kept fairly busy with friends and traveling and an overtly ridiculous amount of some kind of drama or another.

But you know what? Things aren't bad. I'm actually happy. I'm feeling fulfilled and loved and needed. I'm meeting people, I'm traveling to places I've never been and, thank God above, I'm not fretting over classes.

....Ah, screw it, I'm just not as good at being all touchy and sentimental as I am with being negative and bitchy. I may be happy, but there is plenty of things to complain about.

People. Are. Difficult. Readers, I don't know what to do about a lot of things. There are people who have been my friends for a very long time who just don't act like I mean anything to them anymore. I feel like I have done and said a lot for these people. I feel like I have been as good a friend as I can possibly be.

Why aren't I being commended for that?

You know, I have a problem with those who deem it necessary to make a potentially wonderful friendship into a one-way street. To hell with that. If I can't rely on you when my problems are so relentlessly stressful that I break out into hysterics in the middle of the night, then maybe you aren't worth my effort and time.

In a matter of three days, two of my best friends have called me crying. In a matter of three days, I have done what I can to calm them down and reassure them that despite the harrowing nature of their situations, they are both strong, capable, intelligent people with the ability to overcome the most difficult of obstacles. If I were able to, I would be a professional friend. By golly and sunny cheese wiz, I am AMAZING at being a friend.

I make it a personal priority to remain as accessible and loyal and viciously protective of my friends. Think of me as that ratty, scraggly junkyard mutt with the spiked collar and a set of teeth that would haunt an orthodontist for weeks. You mess with my pals, I will have your throat.