Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So let's give it up for the new year...

2012 has arrived as of yesterday morning. I have to say that I've done quite a bit of reflecting in the past couple of days (really, though, who doesn't when the year turns from one to the next), and I've decided on a few things.

I vow to treat myself with as much respect as possible. This itty bitty new year's resolution applies to many different areas of my life. Besides my health, it includes surrounding myself with people who make me feel like life isn't a metaphorical boxing ring. I shouldn't be going about thinking that I need to one up someone else. I shouldn't be betting on my odds in love or careers. I should be happy about my own accomplishments and about others. While I should listen to and appreciate other people's opinions and beliefs, I shouldn't wrap my entire being and thoughts about success and happiness around them. I should value my own more than I have in previous years. I vow to find my dreams and go after them. I vow to appreciate my own talents and skills in certain areas of my life. I also vow to paint my nails a different color every week. Certainly, there are more things I vow to do, but these are the most important.

Day 23

Day 24

Day 25

Day 26

Day 27
Day 28

Day 29

Day 30

Day 31


By now, you should have probably noticed that I didn't take a picture a day, nor did I post a picture a day. Regardless, all of these are new pictures, and I am very proud of them.
So...y'know, screw off.
:D Much love and a happy new year to you all!