Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Feeling barbaric lately.

Honestly, I really am. I know that most of the people who read this blog (yeah, all...8 of you) see what I post on Facebook or Twitter every day, but I legitimately believe I could be carrying a bone club around within the next week or so.

I don't really care if you want to know why. I will tell you regardless.


I am a student. I am in classes. I am in classes which apply practical experience from the "real world" to assignments I have to complete in the... "not real world."


One of these classes has us do a group project in which the members of our group are selected at random (supposedly, but I have my doubts). This is where the barbarianism comes in to butt heads with my usually civil attitude.


My partners are dopes.


Now, I can understand...nay, sympathize with someone being not as independent or strong-willed as I am, but there comes a time when a person should, can, etc. etc. step up and take some action. Honestly, I really do tire of being the leader in the group projects required of me in classes. While I will never exhaust my right to speak my mind, I like to sit back and let other people take the wheel on occasion. Despite what many of you might think, I am not always content with being in control. Life is about letting the theoretical wind theoretically take you to theoretical places theoretically independently of your own theoretical will. Or something like that.


Neither of my group members will do anything close to lead the team. The thing that gets me the most is that I am fairly certain that my professor specifically put me in this group because he/she knew I would not let other people's inaction affect my grade. That being said...

I am annoyed.


We met to go over some of the specs of our assignment, and my partners sat there and agreed with every little detail that I said. I will never go so far as to say that I am always, eternally, positively, absolutely 100% correct. So I am disappointed and frazzled that every single thing I said was exactly what they were thinking. Please, gain your own voice and stop trying to use mine.


Obviously, there is really nothing I can do about it, but I will talk to my professor and ask to know exactly why I was grouped together with these people. I am honestly hoping that he/she will go on to tell me how amazing I am at what I do, that I am a natural born leader, that it is obvious that I can keep these classmates from getting shitty grades. It tempts me to think that I was placed in this group because I skipped class that one time to tan by the pool at my apartment.


Jerk.